[mythtv-users] Is there a MythTV ISO image w/ "universal" hardwaresupport?

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Jul 4 23:02:24 EDT 2003

Biggest problems with such an iso are:

1. XMLTV configuration from one location to another
2. Pal vs NTSC
3. internal or external tuner
4. monitor or tv-out
5. what remote?
6. No one has a large enough variety of systems to make a worthwhile
ISO.

What I would suggest, and I'm sure some people would back me on this, is
a list of users who have 100% functional systems who would be willing to
share their system iso's.  This list/webpage would have to have detailed
system info, such as hardware revisions, bios versions, location &
provider, external tuner info, ect...

With such a list a user could exactly replicate a known working system,
and download an iso that is supposed to work on it.  It might save many
users a lot of work... but keep in mind, what one person considers 100%
working, others might consider amateur work.  For example, many users
use bloated window managers like kde on mythtv only machines, which is
unnecessary and to some extent wasteful.

So essentially, though it may be a working system, it may not be an
optimized one.

Joe