[mythtv-users] Single Box for Myth font/backend

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Thu Jul 3 16:26:25 EDT 2003

At 02:10 PM 7/3/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>On Thursday 03 July 2003 01:59 pm, Adam Biskobing wrote:
>> I'm running on an Athlon 1800+, both front and backend on the same box,
>> I usually see about 30-40% CPU utilization watching live tv with a
>> PVR-250
>
>Should be closer to 5%.

Hm, really?

I've got a Pundit system with 2.2 GHz Celeron with a PVR-250 recording in
full resolution (720x480).
It seems to work fine, but while watching live TV my CPU usage is around 65%
X is using about 35% CPU
mythfrontend is about 30% CPU

If it's really supposed to be much lower than that, where would I begin to
track down the problem?
Playing one of my recordings with mplayer using the "-vo xv" option gives:
mplayer - 18% CPU
X - 16% CPU

Jitter reduction and deinterlace options are enabled for playback.
My onboard video RAM (shared) is set for 8MB.
I'm using the winischhofer drivers for my onboard SiS graphics.

Thanks!
-WD