[mythtv-users] myth qt tree widgets hard-locking machine (!!)

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Tue Jul 1 19:45:17 EDT 2003

I just upgraded to current CVS to fix the XMLTV stuff.  In both
MythMusic on the "Select Music" screen and in MythGame in the listing of
ROMS, my machine hard locks in the middle of myth trying to draw the
tree controls.  By hard lock I mean I have to hit the reset button on
the front of the machine.  I cannot ssh in, Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill
X, or anything.  It is reproducable.  I can't exactly produce a dump and
trace because the machine hard-locks.  What in the world could cause
this?  In all cases the tree is not fully drawn; it is partially drawn,
so it seems to be in the routines that draw that tree of data to the
screen.

-Mike

Michael J. Sherman | msherman at stealthboy.com
"There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand
binary, and those who don't."