[mythtv-users] TV-Out with Matrox Marvel G400-TV

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 16:52:53 EDT 2003

When you ran the backend setup, did you complete *all* of the sections *in
order*?  After that, did you run mythfilldatabase?  You shouldn't have a
channel '0'... what happens if you enter in a channel number while watching
the blue screen?

> I also tried to choose the card type to "Hardware MPEG encoder card"
> instead of "Standard V4L or MJPEG capture card" and it does not work
> saying that (mythbackend logs):

This is wrong; you want to choose "Standard V4L or MJPEG capture card".
Only the Hauppauge PVR-250/350 use the "Hardware MPEG encoder card"
currently.

Also, do the following: in the frontend, go to Setup->TV->Recording and edit
your "Default" and "LiveTV" profiles.  Choose the codec to be "Hardware
MJPEG" instead of "MPEG-4" or "RTjpeg".

When in LiveTV, if you get the blue screen, try hitting "C" to switch
between inputs.

-JAC