[mythtv-users] xawtv can tune channels mythtv cannot

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Wed Feb 19 07:48:49 UTC 2003

At 18-2-03 00:55, Declan Shanaghy wrote:
>I saw in the archives that some others had experienced
>problems where xawtv is able to tune channels on the
>television input from an antennae but mythtv cannot.
>I couldnt find any solution though, is there one?

Two issues here:
1) make sure both xawtv and mythTV use the (same) correct grid for the area
you live in
2) some channes use finetuning off the grid, xawtv supports this with a
single keypress, mythst only when using the --manual flag when importing
your channels in myth. And you have to know your finetuning values
yourself, making it rather unusable.

If yuo have a lot of finetuning channels, it is easier for now to import
them from the xawtv settings file.
On www.home.zonnet.nl/erik_nospam.arendse you find more info.

Erik