[mythtv-users] Some questions...

Karl Timmermann timmerk at tcimet.net
Sat Feb 8 02:49:16 UTC 2003

> I have been having the wierdest problems, but after
> looking through my settings it seems to come down to
> the Maven chip wasn't being found.  Everything is
> compiled into the kernel, I2C, bit-banging, and all
> the g400 stuff.
> Here is everything from dmesg relating to the g400:

I think you're pretty much there...you just need to load your modules:

modprobe i2c-matroxfb
modprobe matroxfb_maven
modprobe matroxfb_crtc2  (Required for G400, not for the G200)

and then do matroxset commands to duplicate the display to the TV head (at
least that's how I'm using it.)

matroxset -f /dev/fb1 -m 0
matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -m 3
matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -o 1 2