[mythtv-users] Some questions...

Ryan A. Carris rac at racarris.com
Sat Feb 8 05:14:14 UTC 2003

Yes, this has been discussed to death. Please, see the archives.

But, to answer your questions:

The EPIA M is NOT capable of doing Live TV (watching and recording at
same time) AT HIGH QUALITY.  It MAY be capable if you are willing to
sacrifice quality.  It is likely to be able to record for later viewing
in high quality.  There are a couple people playing with them, see the
archives.

I have a WinTV PCI model 401 and am very happy with it.  The WinPVR does
not work at this time.  Nor do any digital cards or ATI All-in-Wonders
(for encoding, tv out works)

Seriously, spend a few hours reading the archives.  It will save you
lots of hassles once you begin.

-rac