[mythtv-users] Quandary: Redhat 9 , modules.conf ivtv and alsa

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 16:49:44 EST 2003

Any Redhat 9 experts around?

For some reason /etc/modules.conf doesn't seem to be working on my system. I noticed this when I put in ivtv drivers.  None of them were getting loaded.  After hedging between init.d and rc.local I chose rc.local and added modprobe lines for each driver.  Now they do load from there but it isn't pretty and integrity does not seem consistent.

Weird thing in regards to ivtv.  After booting, and they are not loaded, I do a modprobe ivtv and all the other drivers (msp3400, tuner, etc) fall in line. Just like it's written in modules.conf.  Now I have enable modules loading in the kernel so that shouldn't be an issue.   All the drivers load fine via insmod and modprobe.  Depmod -a runs fine as well.  I stepped up to a incremental upgrade on modutils.  No change.

Oh by the way I'm running kernel 2.4.23.  I noticed some funny looking things in rc.sysinit.  Particularly when it comes to modules but I'm not experienced enough to know exactly what it means.  At this point I'm leaving it alone until exploring other avenues.

Anyway I continue to search and look for answers but it is quite baffling.  Hoping someone might know what I'm talking about here.

Thanks

Stuart