[mythtv-users] Re:M179 Reception Quality

Steve Frank steve.frank at imibevcore.com
Wed Dec 31 16:00:48 EST 2003

You actualy get color?  I never could get past it being black and white,
like I had chosen the wrong input. Are you using -p 0 ?

Also, I could never get past crackling on the input for audio. I finally
broke down and put in a PVR-350 yesterday, and it works great--no
crackling, and the s-video works nice.  I literally pulled the M179 out
and put the PVR-350 in, and updated the system to all the latest
kernels/ivtv drivers, etc.

Also, I'm using the DCT channel changing app, it would cause the M179 to
go haywire on the inputs when Myth fired up.  I'd love to add the M179
back in as tuner #2, but it's reallly problematic for me.

Jarod will also probably agree that the M179 never wants to work the
first time.  I've done the rmmod ivtv/insmod ivtv tango enough that I
think I'm going googlie.