[mythtv-users] Radio Shack 15-2133 or 15-2116 with an Airboard?

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 28 11:33:06 EST 2003

>From: "Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Radio Shack 15-2133 or 15-2116 with an
>Airboard?
>Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:11:58 -0800
>
>On Dec 27, 2003, at 21:13, John Wells wrote:
>
>>Anyone using either of these remotes with the Airboard wireless  keyboard?
>>
>>http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?
>>catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-2133
>>
>>http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?
>>catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-2116
>>
>>I've got the Sony RM-VL1000 on order but am second guessing myself.   I'd
>>like a remote I can program to emulate the keyboards keystrokes (and  thus
>>use the keyboard's IR receiver and avoid using lircd/irxevent...which  I'm
>>currently doing with the Hauppauge gray).
>>
>>Anyone doing this with either of these remotes?  Any tips or caveats?
>
>I just got the 15-2116 myself. The learning works quite well, and I'm
>actually able to teach it stuff from my grey Hauppauge remote. The only
>problem with that route is that the remote has somewhat limited memory,  so
>you can't get all the keys in there (at least not when you also had  to
>teach it a few keys for some of your other five devices :). I'm sure  it'll
>learn from the Airboard just fine, but again, you might not be  able to get
>all the keys you want in there.
>
>Instead, I'm going to program the remote as a Philips remote that uses  the
>same RC-5 protocol as the Hauppauge, and simply continue using the
>Hauppauge IR receiver. Still gotta figure out what Philips remote  setting
>to use, and what lircd.conf to use, but that's on my list of  projects
>tomorrow (the remote is already controlling a Yamaha  amp/receiver,
>Panasonic HDTV, X-Box, Technics CD changer, and Motorola  DCT-5100 cable
>box).
>
>--
>Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
>
>Got a question? Read this first...
>     http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>MythTV, Fedora Core & ATrpms documentation:
>     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/
><< PGP.sig >>

Jarod,

I think 0081 will work for that remote.  There have been postings
about it with device codes previously.  Search the archive for the
15-2116 and you should find them.  This message:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=95597;search_string=15-2116;guest=1892026&t=search_engine#95597

is one I previously posted and has config files for remotes and
codes for setting up additional buttons for additional functions on
the remote.

I have been told that it works for the RS remote as well has the
one I have (OFA 6012).  As a bonus my post also included
mappings for mplayer functionality (which I think you mentioned in
another post you were looking into).  I haven't gotten the REW,
FFW, SKIP and REPLAY functions to work due to not being able to
get the mplayer "skip" command to work, but it should give you a
leg up.

Hope this helps!  Let me know if you get mplayer's skip command
to work.  I would be interested to know what I am doing wrong.

-- Harry O.