[mythtv-users] MythMusic crashes frontend when trying to import CD's

James Colannino email2jamez at dslextreme.com
Mon Dec 22 20:29:45 EST 2003

Hey everyone.  I ran into a problem with MythMusic.  I can play MP3's
just fine, but trying to rip from the CD always crashes the frontend,
causing me to have to start it up again.  It won't even start to read
from the CD before the frontend exits unexpectedly.  I have all the
pre-requisites installed.  I'm using Fedora Core 1 with the ATrpms
packages.  I can use an external program such a grip to rip my music, so
I know I don't have a bad CD-ROM.  Anyone have similiar problems or have
any ideas about what could be wrong?  I tried leaving the backend on in
the foreground so I could see any messages it may provide, but it tells
absolutely nothing regarding MythMusic, and actually, I guess the
backend is only for TV functions, so that's probably why it isn't
telling me anything.  Oh yeah, and I'm using version 0.12.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated :)

James