[mythtv-users] MythTV, LIRC and TiVo

Graham W. Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Fri Dec 19 17:18:43 EST 2003

I'm in the process of (re)setting up my MythTV box, and this time,
instead of my Hauppauge controller, I've searched thru my box of bits,
and discovered an AST (Logitech) remote I bought a couple of years ago
just for this sort of thing.

I have LIRC setup, and I can detect all the keys on the AST remote, so
it all seems to be working fine. I've tried changing the lircd.conf file
for the Phillips TiVo one on the distribution, but I can't seem to get
it to make much sense. I've spent hours over the last couple of days
trying to get irrecord to work, but no matter what I do, it keeps
telling me that it's unable to open the device.

Does anyone have an lircd.conf file setup for the TiVo (Series 2 if it
makes a difference) that the can post, or point me to somewhere where
there is one on the web (I've been googling as well, and can't come up
with a working file).

Thanks

Graham