[mythtv-users] Exporting nuv files to something that Adobe Premiere can read without losing quality?

Rex Wheeler rex at fuzzy.com
Thu Dec 18 02:15:23 EST 2003

>> From: "Rex Wheeler" <rex at fuzzy.com>

>>I would like to end up with an uncompressed file that
>>I can feed to Premiere.

>You do realize that uncompressed audio and video
>at 30fps 640x480 and 44.1Khz stereo amounts to
>67 gigabytes per hour, right?  You weren't planning
>on moving that much data to your Windows box
>using 100base-T, were you?

Well maybe I should restate the question... Currently I am capturing at
the default settings with a WinTV Go card. This generates nuv files at
about 4GB per hour.

Most of the export examples I have seen compress this same information
down to around 700 MB or less.

If I take the compressed 700MB file and move it over to my Premier
machine, tweak the video (with Premier or something else), then burn it
on a DVD, the data is going to go through an extra expand and compress
cycle.

My goal is to eliminate the compression that is done prior to moving to
Premier.

Rex