[mythtv-users] Exporting nuv files to something that Adobe Premiere can read without losing quality?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Dec 18 03:00:16 EST 2003

> If I take the compressed 700MB file and move it over to my Premier
> machine, tweak the video (with Premier or something else), then burn it
> on a DVD, the data is going to go through an extra expand and compress
> cycle.

What are you tweaking in premier that you can't do in myth's editor?

nuvexport is missing dvd exporting right now, but from what I've seen,
tv quality isn't worth keeping at more than svcd quality (would be nice
if mpeg2enc produced better quality mpegs, though).  And if someone
wants to write a dvd module for nuvexport, I'd be happy to accept it
(I'm curious to know how it's done in linux, anyway).

-Chris