[mythtv-users] Pundit/PVR350: 2 questions

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Wed Dec 17 16:46:35 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 12:43, Michael Cohn wrote:
> First off, THANK YOU to everyone in the development community and those of
> you who respond regularly to this list.  I have spent the last 3 weeks
> planning my MythTV box using this list and other resources online... It has
> been a tremendous help.
>
> I finally finished assembly last night, only to hit two snafus...
>
> 1. Right now I've got everything working on a 19" CRT computer monitor, but
> I cannot get the Pundit TV-out to work (I figure I'll experiment with the
> PVR-350 tv-out later).  I must have missed something simple... How do I
> "push" the signal to the TV-out?  Either S-video or the-yellow-one?
>
> 2. Granted I've only seen the picture on the CRT, but the incoming picture
> quality is AWFUL.  I don't know how to descibe it other than saying the
> colors are off and everything is way fuzzy.  I've tried tinkering with some
> of the settings, but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing.  Is there a manual
> or a tutorial that someone knows of to fix the picture quality?  I purchased
> the PVR-350 from eBay... Do you think I bought a bum card?

Are you sure your PAL/NTSC settings are the way they should?  Have you
the same problem if you cat /dev/video0 > ttt.mpg and then play the file
using mplayer/xine?  Need to figure out first if it is a myth problem or
ivtv (and, of course you need to eliminate the possibility of hardware
problems).

I have not heard of bad 350's out there and since you just set up this
box I would venture to say that your settings are off.

-jose-