[mythtv-users] Asus pundit and pvr-350

Jérôme Martin jerome-martin at libertysurf.fr
Sat Dec 13 19:12:12 EST 2003

hi,
I am trying to use a pvr-350 in my pundit. I am not very happy with this
setup. I have a card with a microtune 4049 FM5 tuner and I'm not able to
make it work under linux. But I think this tuner is only available in
Europe (I, a frenchman,  and another guy from switzerland are the
onlyones struggling with this tuner). So, if you live in the US, you can
go for it. Moreover the TV-out isn't very usable under Mythtv. Some
things works however : remote, using my vcr as an input ...
Regarding the hardware, it's difficult to plug your card into the box :
you have a kind of metal grid to hold your pci cards together and the
pvr doesn't fit in it. So you have to be very careful to plug a cable
into your card because the card is moving and can easily getting out of
the pci bus.
Anyway I'm not sure that my problems with the pvr-350 come from the
pundit. The only really anoying point with  this setup is the size of
the card. But one can live with that...

Jerome