[mythtv-users] pcHDTV Card

John P. Poet john at BlueSkyTours.com
Fri Dec 12 20:06:12 EST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Doug Larrick wrote:

> Support is definitely improving, but there are still some major holes.
> Big outstanding issues:
> * fast forward/rewind is pretty broken; the patch I sent yesterday
> helps considerably, but needs to be tested on non-HDTV systems
> * No guide data for channels that don't match the corresponding analog
> station
> * No automated setup for HD channels at all; you must manually edit
> your database
> * Tuning to a missing or not-coming-in channel hangs frontend

Hey Doug,

I have used MythWeb to set up associated "hdtv" frequencies to the standard
NTSC frequencies, and I have removed all the non-hdtv channels.  If I try to
change channels, either by hitting up/down arrow, or by using the EPG,
mythfrontend hangs, and the backend reports that it can't read data from the
card.

Did I miss a step, or does this still not work quit right?

> That said, I use it for recording HDTV content on a daily basis and it
> gets the job done.
>
> -Doug

Cool.  I have mine setup to attempt my first recording tonight.

Thanks,

John