[mythtv-users] pcHDTV Card

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Fri Dec 12 20:26:16 EST 2003

On 12/12/03 20:06:12, John P. Poet wrote:

> I have used MythWeb to set up associated "hdtv" frequencies to the
> standard NTSC frequencies, and I have removed all the non-hdtv
> channels.  If I try to change channels, either by hitting up/down
> arrow, or by using the EPG, mythfrontend hangs, and the backend
> reports that it can't read data from the card.

I assume you can't type the (NTSC) channel number either?

What happens if you do dtvsigscan (program from the pcHDTV CD) for the
other stations?  Do you get decent signal strength?  If you do this
after you start mythbackend, if you then watch live TV, do you get the
new station OK?

Make sure you're editing the 'freqid' field not the 'channum' field in
MythWeb.  Here are a few selected entries from my database:

sourceid channum callsign name               freqid
1        2       WGBH     2 WGBH             19
1        4       WBZ      4 WBZ              30
1        44      WGBX     44 WGBX            43
1        102     PBS-HD   2-3 WGBH PBS-HD    19-2
1        442     PBS-E    44-2 WGBX PBS East 43-2
1        443     PBS-Kid  44-3 WGBX PBS Kids 43-3
1        444     PBS-W    44-4 WGBX PBS West 43-4

Note that in each case the freqid is the actual frequency of the
station, and the channum is the "legacy" analog channel number.

-Doug