[mythtv-users] Problem solved - segfault in mythfrontend in program guide

Ian Batterbee ian.batterbee at aut.ac.nz
Tue Dec 9 03:33:30 EST 2003

Further to my previous message re the segfault in mythfrontend in the program guide, I managed to track the fault down by manually running all the mysql queries mythfrontend was making (recorded in mysql.log). The problem turned out to be that the channum and callsign fields in the channel table was not set. I assume this was a problem created by the initial run of mythfilldatabase and/or tv_grab_nz

I manually populated them with mysql update commands.. I hope that's all that is needed.. it certainly seemed to do the trick as the program info now displays correctly

I still can't change channels, but now I've fixed that first bug, I suspect the other channel related one will be bad or missing data in the channel table too.