[mythtv-users] Audigy AC3/SPDIF out?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 7 14:22:47 EST 2003

hmm, i'll try looking for that. I think I'm going to reformat and goto
Gentoo, i'm sick of Mandrake. It probably is a Mandrake issue, like all the
other problems i'm having (lirc for one). If your right about the multiple
devices, it may be a good idea for me to turn off my onboard sound from the
BIOS before compiling Gentoo, I'll look into that.

Yesterday I started getting /dev/dsp busy errors from myth, even though
fuser -v /dev/dsp didn't show anything. I was also fiddiling with btaudio,
and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. It loads up at startup, sets
up /dev/dsp0, dsp1 and mixer0. But when I go aplay /dev/dsp0 or 1 I get
static with a line connected in the card. Alsamixer and kmix didn't have any
mention of btaudio stuff and in alsamixer I couldn't set anything as a
capture source. Pressing the spacebar did nothing.