[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Nebula DVB - jitter / sound sync / blocky picture problems]

Darren djsharman at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 7 14:23:44 EST 2003

Hi All,

I have some questions which are specific to DVB.

I am Currently running a 1.8 Ghz backend with a Nebula DVB card in it.

My frontend is a Nehemiah based EPIA M using MiniMyth (www.linpvr.org).

I am having problems with the picture stuttering and the audio seems to
be a little out of sync with the picture. Has anyone had any problems
like this ?

When I look at the loading of the frontend PC it seems to be only using
about 16% of the CPU. I have got the HWMPEG decoder running.

Judging from the Recording profiles for LIVE TV i should be encoding at
480x480 using RTjpeg. I'm not sure if these actually have any bearing on
the DVB cards tho, as I can see..

Input #0,mpeg, from 'rbuf://192.168.0.2:6543/video/ringbuff1/nuv':
Stream #0.0: Video: mpegvideo_via, 784x576, 25.00 fps, 4000kb/s
Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 40000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s

in the X11 log.

Could my problems be caused by the mpeg stream containing too much data
for the MPEG decoder to cope with?

Regards,

Darren