[mythtv-users] Sucess Fedora-Core-1 and PVR-250

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Wed Dec 3 08:33:26 EST 2003

Hi Simon,

> Its taken a few days of
> tweaking but I finaly succeeded yestoday (Full IR control, etc.).

Congrats.

> Firstly does anyone have and advice/leserns learned from seting up an
> EPIA mini system?

Work has just begun on a forum specifically for the EPIA range. It is
still very new but asking questions there will probably generate more
interest.

http://epia.repvik.org

It has a slant towards getting myth and the epia to play nice with
Gentoo linux but its worth a look. Other people including myself have
had good success with RedHat 9.0 and I think a few on this list use
Mandrake. I'm working on a howto for Gentoo right now to add to the
forum, check back in a day or so when I've compiled everything.

> Secondly (problably due to me playing with the decoder/transcoder
> setting yestoday) my live-tv playback is color distorted (missing red
> and thus flesh tones) not that watching tv which everyone looks like
> they are dying from frost bite isn't entertaining but does
> anyone know
> what I've done?.  Oddly the effect appears to be the same
> when playing
> back from mplayer (I never got xawtv to work) which makes me
> think its
> my aerial lead.

My only guess is that you messed up the hue settings, check the keys.txt
file for how to fiddle this and see if it is at one end of the scale or
the other. Other than that I'm not sure.

Adam