[mythtv-users] Myth Ideas

Mark Winder mark.winder4 at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 2 09:23:35 EST 2003

I'd like a demon that can detect that the phone/modem is ringing, answer it
and read tones from keys pressed on a phone keypad at the other end.

These it would interpret as video plus numbers, using Steve Hosgoods
VideoPlus (VC+ in USA?)  C-code to decode them or better if better code is
available.

It would then add these entries to the database as 'to be recorded'.

So why do I want this, why not just use Mythweb?  Well the reason is that I
regard time spent at a web browser as quality time, and normally I don't
browse my tv watching at work. But on the train to work, with a paper and a
simple old-fashioned cheap mobile phone, i could schedule my whole days TV.
Or in fact in any odd moment that I had while I wasn't at my desk. I have so
much to do when I am at my desk that I'd really like to be able to do this
in odd moments which would otherwise be wasted. It would also probably be
faster, just enter the number and go.

    Mark Winder