[mythtv-users] some issues with 0.11

bstoneaz bstoneaz at cox.net
Tue Aug 19 01:04:36 EDT 2003

I've encountered a few weird things moving from pre.11cvs to 0.11
I can't reliably reproduce these yet, but they have happened several times to me and I didn't see anyone else report anything like this.

frontend
- the rewind key sometimes refuses to rewind during tv recording playback and fast forwards instead.  once it happens in a recording, I can go back to the watch recording section and then selecting any recording and it happens again.  my temp fix is to kill the front end and try again.
- sometime during a fast forward or rewind during tv recording playback, the selected action refuses to work and sometimes hangs.  usually the hang (freeze) is solid and I have to kill the front end.  I have sticky keys on, and a 1sec increment selected, with repositioning turned off  (I like dvd player like settings).

mythvideo
- mythvideo refused to launch mplayer when I upgraded.  so I reinstalled mplayer and double checked settings.  now I usually have mplayer start correctly from mythvideo, but sometimes it results in a hangup.  myplayer and the front end lock up.   mplayer's last broadcast line says it's setting up lirc.  however, I can start mplayer from a term window without fail and I breezes past that same comment so it seems like something in mythvideo is amiss.

mythweather
- no probs now. good to see it working again.