[mythtv-users] Re:Not recording anything using CVS (7/30)

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Wed Aug 6 19:45:08 EDT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:11:02 -0400 spake Joseph of:

> Sounds like when you reinstalled Myth you may have configured it to use the
> wrong cable tuning standard.  Go into your backend setup and check your
> "Channel Frequency Table" setting (under "General").

Okay, I'll check that... but watching LiveTV works fine... it's only when a
scheduled recording tries to record something that it gets screwed up.

...Just checked the "Channel Frequency Table" and it's set correctly:
"us-cable" (even though I'm in Canada :)  yes, I know they're the same
frequencies).

Today I noticed that the recording didn't really record... it was supposed to
record a half-hour program, but it only recorded about 2-3 minutes (~41 MB),
and the picture was out of tune, as before. Then when it hit the end of the
recording (I assume it was the end), the frontend hung.

aaron