[mythtv-users] Resubjected: Oversaturated TV-Out

Craig Paterson craigp at tippett.com
Fri Aug 1 14:35:52 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 11:24, Aaron Stewart wrote:

> Supposedly under Win****, there's a setting for Color Correction, so it
> either handles it in software (which I doubt), or there's a register you
> can call to turn it on -- but once again, NVidia's blatant disrespect of
> the GPL (and they're using GNU tools to make!!!) makes it extremely
> difficult to figure out which register that is :/..
>
> > > I like my G400, the only problem that I have with it right now is with
> > > the color/saturation; red is way too saturated
> >
> > I have the same issue with my nForce2 M/B.  All posts to the nforce linux
> > boards have been resoundingly ignored, so I have been considering a scan
> > converter or something equally drastic.
> >
> > Anyone know a magic bullet for oversaturated TV-Output?  Specifically for
> > nvidia and/or G400's?

I also have this problem, using the onboard GF4 MX video of a Shuttle
SN41G2. Adjusting the gamma (to 1.45) in XF86Config and playing with the
inputs on my PVR-250 hacks around the issue a little, but not enough. As
a result, recorded video is significantly lower viewing quality than
off-air.

Anyone who knows lots about signals on cables, DACs, those sorts of
things want to comment on what causes this? (Even though it's a little
OT, since if there are generic steps to take it might be useful to many
users.)

Craig.