[Mythtv-translators] New MythTV Forum

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 20:44:52 UTC 2014

On Saturday 08 Feb 2014 20:44:28 Yianni wrote:
> > Moderating would just mean removing spam that get past the filters,
> > cautioning users for bad language, trolling and general bad behaviour. If
> > the warnings are ignored, it may mean banning a user. There's no minimum
> > time commitment, I'd like to have at least two moderators for each forum
> > eventually so there should always be someone else to help out.
> >
> > Since we know and trust the translation teams it's natural that you become
> > the first moderators, eventually you may be able to nominate a second or
> > third moderator. Since none of the developers speak Greek we can't
> > moderate the Greek forum or decide who would make a good moderator.
>
> Ok, if nobody else comes forward and you have no objection, I could moderate
> the Greek forum, although, to tell you the truth, I'm against dividing
> forums per language. Doing so would prohibit users that don't speak other
> languages to provide help to other forums. Speaking for myself, I'd rather
> ask for help in English than in Greek.
> > Thank you very much!
>
> You are welcome!

Let me just add that the forums are actually by country, not language per-se
and they don't stop other people from offering advice in English. There are
often a lot of country-specific issues that often cause confusion on the
mailing lists or in IRC. e.g. US users offering advice to UK users on ATSC when
the UK uses DVB instead.
--
Stuart Morgan