[Mythtv-translators] [mythtv] 0.25 Release Schedule -- feature freeze this Sunday

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Fri Mar 9 03:29:07 UTC 2012

On 3/8/2012 9:57 PM, Walter Cheuk wrote:
> Hi Nicolas
>
> As new release of MythTV is coming, will the Chinese date/time formats
> be added? Thank you.
>

> Walter

Hi Walter!

I am currently looking into a way for you to add a new entry yourself in
the list of selectable date formats.

I was trying to get it ready before we went into feature freeze but was
unfortunately unable to so if I want to get this in (once I am satisfied
with the results) I will have to ask for a derogation.

(Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you... I had some problems with my
combination backend/frontend and had to do a complete reinstall so I had
no way for a while to test anything very exhaustively...)

But there is actually a way for you to add a new date format... It won't
be accessible from the drop down but any new install (or an install for
which you force a reselection of country (I believe the switch which
will cause this is -p )) will have it.

You need to create a locale file:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Locale_Configurations

The date settings you put in there are not actually checked against the
list of date formats so you can add one which is not currently available.

I will however work on giving you a way to add it in the date drop-downs
this week-end and will try to get the OK to commit it but in the
meantime you should be able to, at least temporarily, have a work-around.

If you need any help with the locale files, let me know (you can contact
me directly for this if you wish).

Have a nice day!

Nicolas