[mythtv-theming] [0.27] Design problems/questions

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Thu Jan 30 02:22:19 UTC 2014

> [...]
>        <arrange>stack</arrange>
>        <wrapstyle>flowing</wrapstyle>
>        <showarrow>no</showarrow>
>        <drawfrombottom>no</drawfrombottom>
>        <buttonarea>40,40,100%-80,1000</buttonarea>
>        <spacing>9</spacing>
>        <statetype name="buttonitem">
>            <state name="active">
>                <area>0,0,280,280</area>
> 	    <imagetype name="buttonimage">
> 		   <area>0,0,280,280</area>
>
> <mask>images/masks/mask_rounded_border_medium.png</mask>
> 		   <filename>images/shared/DefaultPicture.png</filename>
> 	   </imagetype>
>

> 	// image on the right upper corner of the thumb, correct
>                <area>0,0,300,300</area>
>                 <statetype name="nodetype">
>                     <position>100%-90,5</position>
>                     <state name="subfolder">
>                         <imagetype name="icon">
>                             <area>0,0,80,80</area>
>                             <filename>images.png</filename>
>                             <preserveaspect>yes</preserveaspect>
>                         </imagetype>
>                     </state>
>
> 	// on the right upper corner but image is not resized
>                 <area>0,0,300,300</area>
>                 <statetype name="nodetype">
>                     <area>100%-90,5,80,80</area>
>                     <state name="subfolder">
>                         <imagetype name="icon">
>                             <filename>images.png</filename>
>                             <preserveaspect>yes</preserveaspect>
>
> 	  </imagetype>
>                     </state>
>
> 	// image on the left upper corner, image resized.
>                 <area>0,0,300,300</area>
>                 <statetype name="nodetype">
>                     <position>0,0</position>
>                     <state name="subfolder">
>                         <imagetype name="icon">
>                             <area>100%-90,5,80,80</area>
>                             <filename>images.png</filename>
>                             <preserveaspect>yes</preserveaspect>
>                         </imagetype>
>                     </state>
>
> I noticed that I can't use statetypes more than once, is this true?
>
>                 <statetype name="nodetype">
> 	                <state name="subfolder"> ...
>                 <statetype name="nodetype">
> 	                    <state name="subfolder">
>
> Even surrounding those with groups doesn't work, it takes the last
> occurrence.
>
> 	<group name="group1">
> 	                <statetype name="nodetype">
> 			<state name="subfolder">
> 	<group name="group2">
> 	                <statetype name="nodetype">
> 			<state name="subfolder">
>

> It is not possible to call a group from within a statetype when it uses
relative
> positioning/sizing.
>
>                 <group name="textgroup">
>                     <area>10,10,-5,-5</area> ......
>
>                 <statetype name="nodetype">
>                     <state name="subfolder">
>                         <imagetype name="icon">
>                             <area>190,5,80,80</area>
>                             <filename>images/folderclosed.png</filename>
>                             <preserveaspect>yes</preserveaspect>
>                         </imagetype>
> 		<group name="metadata1" from="textgroup">
> 			<area>0,0,280,280</area>  (also not working without

One of the issues I was having lies in the fact, that variable when they are
in a further statetype

        <statetype name="buttonitem">
            <state name="active">
                <statetype name="nodetype">
                    <state name="subfolder">
                        <textarea name="buttontext" from="basetextarea">
<-- this variable will not be filled
                    </state>
                </statetype>
                        <textarea name="buttontext" from="basetextarea">
<-- this variable will be filled, its direct parent is the buttonitem
statetype

I could resolve my issue using a dependency, so that the filename only is
displayed for directories, not for images within the gallery thumbnails.
The childcount variable is only displayed for directories:

        <statetype name="buttonitem">
            <state name="active">                <statetype name="nodetype">
                <statetype name="nodetype">
                    <state name="subfolder">
                    </state>
                </statetype>                <

	<textarea name="childcount" from="basetextarea">
                <group name="metadata" from="basefilemetadata"
depends="childcount"/>   <-- direct parent is the buttonitem statetype