[mythtv-theming] Arclight and the OSD

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 18:42:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:34 AM,  <junos7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just upgraded from 0.23 to 0.24-fixes (clean install). Built it from the
> source and got the Arclight-theme from Lucid repos. I used Arclight before
> without a problem.
>
> Now I have an issue with the OSD. I know Arclight doesn't have an OSD but it
> somehow uses blackcurves OSD. Before it was fine, but now it's scaled wrong.
> I'm using 1920x1080 resolution and the OSD is on top lefthand corner of my
> screen. So it's like the OSD is 1280x768 on 1920x1080 screen.

Arclight most certainly does have its own OSD.  It doesn't sound like
you're running the .24 version of Arclight at all.  It includes a
complete, original OSD that will fill the screen.

> Furthermore every other (baseres=1280x768) theme is working fine, including
> the OSD. So, I'm guessing the problem is the Arclights baseres and the
> smaller res blackcurves OSD. Any idea how to fix this? Obviously I have to
> change something outside the Arclight.

See above, it's extremely doubtful if you are on .24 that you are
seeing BlackCurves, since that OSD is not compatible/usable with .24.

> Have tried to search a fix for some time now, but no luck. I'm guessing
> there's an easy fix for this.
>
> The second, smaller, problem I have, is that the OSD does not fade. This
> also worked before. I'm using ffmpeg, xv and softblend. It might be an issue
> with the nvidia driver, dunno.

I suspect if you solve whatever your issue above is, this will handle itself.

Robert