[mythtv-theming] Arclight and the OSD

junos7 at gmail.com junos7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 20:10:24 UTC 2010

> > I just upgraded from 0.23 to 0.24-fixes (clean install). Built it from
> the
> > source and got the Arclight-theme from Lucid repos. I used Arclight
> before
> > without a problem.
> >
> > Now I have an issue with the OSD. I know Arclight doesn't have an OSD but
> it
> > somehow uses blackcurves OSD. Before it was fine, but now it's scaled
> wrong.
> > I'm using 1920x1080 resolution and the OSD is on top lefthand corner of
> my
> > screen. So it's like the OSD is 1280x768 on 1920x1080 screen.
>
> Arclight most certainly does have its own OSD.  It doesn't sound like
> you're running the .24 version of Arclight at all.  It includes a
> complete, original OSD that will fill the screen.

Thanks for a quick reply... I frigging knew it was something so simple. The
problem was that Lucid repos contains a 0.23 Arclight. Now downloaded a new
one from Natty repo, which is 0.24. Works fine now.

Though, the filelist does not show the osd.xml, it is there.. (
http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/all/mythtv-theme-arclight/filelist)

> > The second, smaller, problem I have, is that the OSD does not fade. This
> > also worked before. I'm using ffmpeg, xv and softblend. It might be an
> issue
> > with the nvidia driver, dunno.
>

> I suspect if you solve whatever your issue above is, this will handle
> itself.
>
> Nope. The fading still does not work. But, I'm fairly sure it's not a
theming related issue.

Thanks.
Janosh