[mythtv] Removing libmythbluray and libudfread

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 23:59:14 UTC 2024

On Sat, Jun 15, 2024 at 7:09 PM John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I would like to see libbluray become optional.

It (like a couple of other things) should probably
allow to be disabled, but built by default if the
development libraries can be found.  There is
currently a poor mixture of features where
some will build if the development libraries
can be found unless there is a --disable-<something>
and others that require a --enable-<something> to
be built.  Consistency would be nice.

> What is it used for beyond playing physical media? How many people use MythTV to play physical media?

I presume it is also used by those which
have "ripped" their physical media.

>From time to time one sees questions on the
email lists about usage, so while I suspect
the usage is declining, it is apparently still
not zero.

I would agree that it should be optional.