[mythtv] web app build warnings

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 03:56:34 UTC 2023

On Wed, Oct 4, 2023 at 7:41 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> I attempted to upgrade angular at some point during the last year.
> Everything seemed fine until I ran the application and I was told I did
> not have a license. After investigating it turned out that you can use
> old versions for free but to use a current version required a license
> ($$$). So I went back and upgraded to a slightly newer version that we
> had been using, but that was old enough to not need a license. I decided
> to stick with that for the time being.

Angular (itself) should be free, but some of the
various additional modules may have moved
to require a payment (license).  Probably best
to replace those with a free equivalent (or
migrate to something else).

I'll add to my list (to be executed in my copious
free time (once I find it sometime in the next
few years or so)) to try to determine which
modules have gone to the non-free side(*).

(*) I actually understand.  Supporting "free"
software is not itself free, and at some point
one needs to have an income stream for
doing all the things others ask of you, or
become starving artists sleeping on the
sofa's of what will be ex-friends.