[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend mysql driver problems

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Sep 29 01:52:02 UTC 2022

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 08:43:38PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 9/28/22 17:52, David Engel wrote:
> > > The problems are:
> > >
> > > 1. The build required API level 29 but the fire stick only has 25. This
> > > would not affect the Shield. It was caused by the new QT which disallowed
> > > specification of the minimum version in the manifest. I fixed this locally
> > > by going back to api version 21 as we had used before.
> > I vaguely recall some NDK/SDK version issues but I thought they were
> > all resolved.
> >
> > > 2. Rebuilding the libs, I was unable to build the mariadb-connector library
> > > due to an error in the cmake file ConnectorName.cmake . It has an END()
> > > command where it should have had ENDIF(). The build failed with error "CMake
> > > Error at cmake/ConnectorName.cmake:30 (ENDMACRO):   Flow control statements
> > > are not properly nested.". Changing it to ENDIF let the build complete that
> > > but I don't know what is really going on with this, whether the downloaded
> > > source has an error or whether some patch was applied incorrectly or if I am
> > > just misunderstanding the whole problem.
> > I thought that cmake issue was fixed too.  I know I ran into it too.
> > Perhaps I just patched it up locally and moved on to what I was trying
> > to do in the first place.
> >
> > > 3. After fixing those, I built and installed mythfrontend (32bit version) on
> > > a fire stick 4K. Starting it up fails with the message
> > > "mythdbcon.cpp:84:MSqlDatabase  FATAL: Unable to load the QT QMYSQL driver,
> > > is it installed?". All I see is the splash screen for a few seconds then
> > > back to the android home page.
> > I haven't built for 32-bits in ages.
> >
> > > It is possible that my fix for the mariadb connector was all wrong and
> > > caused the DB problem. Or maybe we need a different mariadb connector
> > > version. It is using version 2.3.7.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?
> > Wait for Mark to wake up? :) Many of the machinations to build and run
> > on Android are still black magic to me.  Seriously, does increasing
> > the adb logging level shed any more light?
> >
> > David
>
> I can't increase the logging, because the only way I know to do that is to
> send a command once mythfrontend is running.

I meant the adb logging level -- hoping that Android might show some
system error that is at fault.  FYI, you can set the initial, MythTV
verbose and loglevel in androAndroidManifest.xml.in.  Look for
android:name="android.app.arguments".

> I would think you would still need the qt mysql driver plugin, even if using
> mariadb. qt needs some sort of driver plugin.

I understand and expect it should work on 32-bit the say way it does
on 64-bit.  See earlier comment regarding Mark and black magic,
though. :(

David