[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Android mythfrontend mysql driver problems

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 00:43:38 UTC 2022

On 9/28/22 17:52, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 05:34:03PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> On 9/28/22 17:15, David Engel wrote:
>>> What problem?  I've rebuilt recently with no, new problems.  There are
>>> some resume from sleep related problems but I've usually attributed
>>> them to Nvidia Shield updates and not MythTV.
>> The problems are:
>>
>> 1. The build required API level 29 but the fire stick only has 25. This
>> would not affect the Shield. It was caused by the new QT which disallowed
>> specification of the minimum version in the manifest. I fixed this locally
>> by going back to api version 21 as we had used before.
> I vaguely recall some NDK/SDK version issues but I thought they were
> all resolved.
>
>> 2. Rebuilding the libs, I was unable to build the mariadb-connector library
>> due to an error in the cmake file ConnectorName.cmake . It has an END()
>> command where it should have had ENDIF(). The build failed with error "CMake
>> Error at cmake/ConnectorName.cmake:30 (ENDMACRO):   Flow control statements
>> are not properly nested.". Changing it to ENDIF let the build complete that
>> but I don't know what is really going on with this, whether the downloaded
>> source has an error or whether some patch was applied incorrectly or if I am
>> just misunderstanding the whole problem.
> I thought that cmake issue was fixed too.  I know I ran into it too.
> Perhaps I just patched it up locally and moved on to what I was trying
> to do in the first place.
>
>> 3. After fixing those, I built and installed mythfrontend (32bit version) on
>> a fire stick 4K. Starting it up fails with the message
>> "mythdbcon.cpp:84:MSqlDatabase  FATAL: Unable to load the QT QMYSQL driver,
>> is it installed?". All I see is the splash screen for a few seconds then
>> back to the android home page.
> I haven't built for 32-bits in ages.
>
>> It is possible that my fix for the mariadb connector was all wrong and
>> caused the DB problem. Or maybe we need a different mariadb connector
>> version. It is using version 2.3.7.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
> Wait for Mark to wake up? :) Many of the machinations to build and run
> on Android are still black magic to me.  Seriously, does increasing
> the adb logging level shed any more light?
>
> David

I can't increase the logging, because the only way I know to do that is
to send a command once mythfrontend is running.

I would think you would still need the qt mysql driver plugin, even if
using mariadb. qt needs some sort of driver plugin.

The call to build_mysqlplugin is commented, and if I try to run it
individually, it does not work, because the sqldrivers/mysqlplugin have
not been copied to the build directory structure. If I do copy them
there from the source, it fails to do anything. The build_mysqlplugin()
tries to run readlink -f qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/mysql when it is
not in the directory that contains that, and fails. It needs
$QT_SOURCE_DIR in the command ...

I don't know how this is supposed to work, it used to work (I think)
before I did a makelibs.sh today ...

Anyway I will pick away at it and see if I get anywhere.

Peter