[mythtv] Testing the default and default-wide themes

Scott Theisen scott.the.elm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 01:23:08 UTC 2022

On 9/30/22 20:35, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 01/10/2022 01:32, Paul Harrison wrote:
>
>> On 01/10/2022 00:02, Scott Theisen wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> How do I test the default and default-wide themes?
>>>
>>> I am confident in my changes to them in
>>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/646 since they are the same
>>> for all themes, but I was wondering how to test those themes.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Scott Theisen
>>>

>> They are only used as a fallback if your chosen theme doesn't have a
>> particular <window> definition.
>>

>> If the theme is a wide theme then the search for the <window> will go
>> look in the theme first then fallback to default-wide and finally try
>> default.
>>

>> If the theme is a 4:3 theme the the search will look in the theme
>> first then try default.
>>

>> To test them you can rename the <window> or comment it out in the
>> active theme so the fallback will work. It doesn't always look good
>> because of differences in the base elements but it's considered
>> better that not working at all.

Changing the <window> name worked, thanks.  MythCenter looked the same.
MythCenter-wide has the "pagetitle" more in the corner, but was
otherwise the same.

> I meant to say it doesn't seem a good enough reason to break all
> themes IMHO? If it was for a feature addition or change then I can
> live with it but for what appears to be some code clean up I'm not so
> sure.
>

> Paul H.

I don't understand this comment; it doesn't seem to follow the rest.
Setting the subtitle of a manual recording in mythfrontend is a new feature.

Regards,

Scott