[mythtv] Call for testing branch devel/ffmpeg-resync (mpegts-harmonize)

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Mon Jul 25 10:38:22 UTC 2022

On 24/07/2022 18:42, John Pilkington wrote:

> On 24/07/2022 16:57, Paul Harrison wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if this could be related to the other Fedora crash reported
>> recently in Issue #589. It seems by default there is more bounds
>> checking being done in Fedora which can cause aborts.
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/589
>>

>> If you can get a backtrace it may be possible to track down where the
>> problem is.
>>

>> Paul H.
>
> It's certainly true that my update from the
> devel/ffmpeg-resync/morelogs branch to yesterday's devel/ffmpeg-resync
> was accompanied by what appeared to be a big update of F35, icluding a
> new kernel.
>
> gdb output attached.

The backtrace appears to show the abort on shutting down the preview
generator which is consistent with the abort on playback end. It looks
like something has changed that is causing an abort when closing
playback down. The crash is in FFMpeg but it could be something we are
doing to cause it. Maybe Scott has a better idea what has changed to
cause this. It could also be that the bug was already there in previous
versions and the extra bounds checking in Fedora is highlighting the
problem.

Can you reproduce this if you revert back to plain master without the
ffmpeg-resync changes?

Try to keep your testing as simple as possible. If you have to use
external scripts then that is not really helpful. We need to be able to
reproduce the problem in stock MythTV if possible.

Paul H.