[mythtv] Qt on OpenGL on macOS

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 14:37:01 UTC 2022

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 3:31 PM David Hampton via mythtv-dev <
mythtv-dev at mythtv.org> wrote:

> This was on the "Qt Interest" mailing list. I thought it worth
> repeating here.  MythTV doesn't use QQuickWidget, but we might run into
> problems whenever Apple gets around to removing OpenGL.

I'll caveat this by stating that implementing any macOS updates for OpenGL
and Metal are way out of my current skill set / knowledge base (but I'll be
happy to help where I can).

Would something like Google's ANGLE <https://github.com/google/angle> or
metalANGLE <https://github.com/kakashidinho/metalangle> be helpful?

There's also MGL <https://github.com/openglonmetal/MGL> which seems to be
an implementation of OpenGL 4.6 that runs on top of metal.