[mythtv] MySQL Database connection through socket fails for MariaDB 10.6

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Apr 13 02:17:43 UTC 2022

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 11:09:29PM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 8:55 PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > This check fails, because MariaDB is configured to use IPv6 only,
> > by 'bind-address = ::', the advised setting from the MythTVs wiki.
> > The setting of the 'bind-address=::' is advised by the MythTVs wiki for IPv4, too.
>
> Clearly the wiki should get updated to recommend "*"

Commenting out the bind-address line has always worked for me.  Oddly,
the default value is an empty string but I don't see behavior for that
officially documented anywhere.

> And, lastly, I will mention that TTBOMK the
> project still has a stated policy of mysql first,
> and according to mysql docs it still supports a
> :: to mean both all ipv4 and ipv6 addresses
> (while also supporting * to mean all, and is
> the default for mysql).

Seeing as how MariaDB is the de facto "MySQL" on most (all?) other
distros not named Ubuntu, my feeling is it should officially be
supported too.

David
--
David Engel