[mythtv] Wiki maintenance

Scott T scott.the.elm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:50:10 UTC 2021

On 9/27/21 12:59 PM, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> Would it be possible to split the wiki pages into a "current" section
> and a "historical" section and move all the old pages to the
> historical section? I also think the old pages do have value, if not
> for the reasons mentioned above then also to get a bit nostalgic about
> the past. Some people actually go to museums and look at old stuff...
>
> Having said that, it would be great if the wiki would be reorganized
> so that the main page does point to up-to-date information and that
> search actions do give meaningful results.

If I understand https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Namespace
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Namespace> and
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Using_custom_namespaces
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Using_custom_namespaces>
correctly: create a new namespace (e.g. "Obsolete" or "Historical") with
index in [3000, 5000) and index % 2 == 0 which is not in either
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault>
or https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgContentNamespaces
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgContentNamespaces>

if you do not want to actually delete the pages.

I’m not sure if “Archived” should be in either.

Regarding other reorganization,
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Subpages
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Subpages> might be a possibility.