[mythtv] OpenTV logical channel numbers

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 19:46:17 UTC 2020

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the stream! I've put it in my open-source stream analyzer
"DVB Inspector" and I do see at first sight a number of channels and
about one week of EPG guide data. This means that the EPG is not
encrypted and that, if it does not work with the current master, it
should be possible to fix it. There is also an original network ID so
that can be used to enable the OpenTV channel number detection
automatically for that network.

Mark's patch does also the Logical Channel Numbers; I do hope that I
did not make mistakes in merging. It would be great if you can do a
scan and see if it works . Output of "-v chanscan" and possibly also
"--loglevel=debug" would also be very useful.
Not really for the experts but for everybody who has not done a scan
in a long time there is now a "Channel Scanning How To" in the Wiki
that tries to talk the casual user through the scanning process. Note
that the "Scan OpenTV" option is not described yet....

Groetjes,
Klaas.