[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] [MythTV/mythtv] cf8015: No discontinuity for first TS packet of PID

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Aug 29 21:53:12 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 10:52:16PM +0200, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> Your analysis that 1/16th of the time the first real error is suppressed is
> of course correct.
> I do appreciate your patch but it does need initialisation of all elements
> of m_continuityCounter to 0xff, not only the first element.
> This can be done by calling m_continuityCounter.fill(0xff) in the
> constructor, I cannot find a way to do this in the header file.
> I am testing this now and will commit it later.

Thanks for fixing my fix.  I thought maybe the new, fangled
initializers repeated the last value as needed to fill arrays.  Using
just a superfluous {0} for an array didn't, and still doesn't, make
sense to me.  I searched for confirmation but didn't find what I was
looking for.  I searched again just now and did find another syntax
that can initialize all elements to a non-zero value, but it's
apparently a gcc-only extension.

David
--
David Engel