[mythtv] IPTV, github, headers, trouble with channel numbers, and partial lock

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 17:01:25 UTC 2019

On 16/10/2019 17:12, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 16/10/2019 13:39, John Pilkington wrote:
>
>> Master commit a474d52 of 12 Oct, also now in 2019-render
>>
>> I tried this from the ubuntu ppa master earlier and got similar
>> results.  Setup based on the the Avenard article in the wiki.
>>
>> Using https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/index.m3u, the import failed at
>> Afghanistan.  Import of the French list which appeared to be the old
>> default worked, but autoincremented the 90 channel numbers from 0.
>> They are shown in the frontend EPG interleaved with the Freeview set
>> that runs from 0 to 800.  When I first tried 'Watch this channel'
>> partial lock was reported and no picture; but France 24 English works,
>> live, as Channel 40.  Wow!
>>
>> John P
>>

> We don't support nested playlists like the index.m3u so you will have to
> use one of the all in one ones like |index.full.m3u,
> full list of 8000+ feeds ||or use one of the smaller country or category
> playlists like you did for the french one.||

OK.  I just followed the Big Print.  And I suppose more lists could be
defined as additional devices.  8000 channels as default does seem like
overkill.

> |Channel numbers are a problem since everyone will wont something
> different. Non of the playlists from this particular site add them at
> all to any of there playlists so we have to make one up. We simply find
> the last channel number used for a video source and use that + 1 if we
> can't find one in the playlist. Maybe we should just use last channel
> number from all sources + 1 or sourceid * 1000 + channel number? I'm
> open to suggestions
sourceid * 1000 + autoinc would clarify which source is being used

> |You can obviously change the channel numbers manually and have several
> options :-|
>
> |1. use the channel editor to set the channel number appropriately.|
>
> |2. Download the playlist and change the -1 after #EXTINF: on each line
> to the channel number of your choice (you can probably just change the
> first one to say 3000 and the rest will become 3001, 3002...) then
> delete all the channels from the IPTV source and rescan them.
> |

> |3. **DANGEROUS** Do some mysql voodoo to change the channel numbers for
> the sourceid used by the IPTV recorder after a scan eg. 'UPDATE  channel
> SET channum = channum + 1000 WHERE sourceid = 7;' That would add 1000 to
> all the channel numbers for the sourceid 7.|
>

> |As for the partial lock it just means that feed isn't working it could
> be we don't support the format used, it could be the feed is off air or
> broken or got taken down, it could be working but geofenced so will only
> work in one particular country.|

Yes, I guess the early choices were probably off net at the time.
France 24 looked a good bet.

Thanks.