[mythtv] Experimental Android TV "leanback" MythTV frontend

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Thu Nov 14 19:12:22 UTC 2019

On 14/11/2019 16:56, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 11/14/19 11:10 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> On 21/08/2019 20:17, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> It was previously crashing due to a large number of titles. I made a
>> fix for that but perhaps there is still some limit I am not aware of.
>> It would be helpful for me to get a logcat output from when it
>> crashes (full logcat is best: adb logcat > logcat.txt)

OK I think I've figured out what was causing the crash. If you have any
recordings where the recording group (recgroup field in the database) is
empty then it goes boom. Making sure they have at least a 'Default'
recording group fixes it so nothing to do with the number of recordings
in this case.

How normal it is for recordings to have a blank/empty recording group I
don't know, my MythTV system and database are ancient and I always live
dangerously running master even in production so there could be some bad
data in the database.

Some recordings are refusing to play for some reason but that's a
problem for another day I was mainly interested to see how you was using
the leanback interface.

Paul H.