[mythtv] Question about new build requirements for NVDEC

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Jan 17 16:51:29 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 11:59:03PM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 11:35 PM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> > until they are included in the distros.
>
> Good to hear you are going to push Ubuntu
> to get them included.

You looking at me? :)

All I would do is request to Debian that the files be packaged.  Ian
found the right package for the Nvidia owned parts.  I looked myself
but failed.  I looked for dynlink when I should have looked for cuda.
That leaves some ffmpeg-specific parts still missing, I believe.  My
current feeling is that ffmpeg should eventually include those and we
should add them to our copy of ffmpeg until they do.

As for Ubuntu, no hablo Ubuntu!  Seriously, if they follow Debian's
packaging of the Nvidia driver, they should already have it.  If they
reinvent that wheel themselves, then I don't know.  Don't some of our
main packagers have relationships with Ubuntu already?

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net