[mythtv] Question about new build requirements for NVDEC

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 16:59:49 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-01-17 at 10:51 -0600, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 11:59:03PM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 11:35 PM David Engel <david at istwok.net>
> > wrote:
> > > until they are included in the distros.
> >
> > Good to hear you are going to push Ubuntu
> > to get them included.
>
> You looking at me? :)
>
> All I would do is request to Debian that the files be packaged.  Ian
> found the right package for the Nvidia owned parts.  I looked myself
> but failed.  I looked for dynlink when I should have looked for cuda.
> That leaves some ffmpeg-specific parts still missing, I believe.  My
> current feeling is that ffmpeg should eventually include those and we
> should add them to our copy of ffmpeg until they do.
>
> As for Ubuntu, no hablo Ubuntu!  Seriously, if they follow Debian's
> packaging of the Nvidia driver, they should already have it.

Google took me to
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/amd64/nvidia-cuda-dev/filelist which
includes dynlink_cuda.h at least.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/nvidia-cuda-dev might also be of
interest, I don't know which Ubuntu is relevant here, but e.g. I can
see that dynlink_cuda.h is not listed in
https://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/amd64/nvidia-cuda-dev/filelist so at
least that one must be too old.

Ian.