[mythtv] mediamonitor: now ported to MythUI but UI to selection preferred media handler wasn't restored....

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:00:22 UTC 2019

> Wiadomość napisana przez Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> w dniu 15.01.2019, o godz. 18:59:
>

> The ticket's just waiting for someone to grab it!
>

>> If not - is it possible to restore removed functionality for users
>> having udisk1 (like i.e. MiniMyth2)?
>>
>> br
>
> You didn't respond when I asked on IRC.
> If you have udisk1 then, in theory, it should still work.
> The main distros no longer ship it, last time I looked.

Roger,

I’m not sure do we handling original’s issue (#12689) in optimal way here….

Current code is more broken just before (inserting mp3 disc with pictures just launches gallery).
So now we  can expect much more bug reports that those from corner case (which us rather rare: users with multiple drives).

I’m not understanding why You choose this way of tackling issue instead of:
1.fixing bug
2.adding MythUI (when time allows)
3.adding udisks2 (not replacing of udisks1) (when time allows)

All we are laking of time - but Your approach makes not only not fixing issue but also:
-removes functionality for 2y
-creating even bigger issue now

sorry for not so nice message - but all this is simply pain for me….

hope You understands my view here!