[mythtv] Feedback on Myth frontend on Nvidia Shield

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Wed Jun 20 02:27:30 UTC 2018

On 20/06/18 10:46, Michael wrote:
> On 06/19/2018 02:11 PM, David Engel wrote:
>>
>> Is it slow everytime for you?  I've only seen it be really slow the
>> first time it is run or when there is a real connectivity issue.  Does
>> setting a "custom indentifier for frontend preferences" in the
>> database settings help?
>>

> It is slow for me (also) at every startup.   It spend 3-5 seconds at
> the 'Waiting for Database to start' screen.

wired or wireless?

wireless is always slow startup for me even on 5G and not that far from
the AP (~12m, no walls).
wired is always great.

The cheaper S912 boxes are even worse for wireless performance.

This has a big impact on playback performance too.

Playback has a lot of net traffic to the DB to get keyframe/timing info
even if its not a ts which I feel should not be necessary. This is from
Recorded playback not videos, but Im not sure that the functionality is
any different anyway.

Mark