[mythtv] Feedback on Myth frontend on Nvidia Shield

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Jun 20 01:49:28 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 05:46:28PM -0700, Michael wrote:
> On 06/19/2018 02:11 PM, David Engel wrote:
> >
> > Is it slow everytime for you?  I've only seen it be really slow the
> > first time it is run or when there is a real connectivity issue.  Does
> > setting a "custom indentifier for frontend preferences" in the
> > database settings help?
>
> It is slow for me (also) at every startup.   It spend 3-5 seconds at the
> 'Waiting for Database to start' screen.
>
> I tried using a custom identifier as well but each startup still takes that
> long.

For me, the splash screen comes up in less than a second, stays up for
about 5 seconds and then the main menu comes up about a second or two
later.  In total, MythTV takes about 7 seconds to start up.

You might try running a network packet capture on your database host
to see if that shows anything fishy going on.  You can also attach adb
over the network to your Shield and then run "adb logcat" to see what
logs MythTV is generating.

David

--
David Engel