[mythtv] FFmpeg mediacodec problem

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 21:23:45 UTC 2018

On 06/14/2018 04:25 PM, Aman Gupta wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 1:11 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com
> <mailto:pb.mythtv at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 06/14/2018 03:46 PM, Aman Gupta wrote:
>     > Some issues came up
>     with a75bb5496ac6e7e194f1c6fd3b87f02a52e74adb and
>     > I plan to revert it. It might improve your situation. Mind
>     reverting
>     > that commit and seeing if it helps?
>     >
>     I can try that. What change should I expect? It now seems to be
>     working
>     perfectly with the 10 millisecond wait and retry.
>     Should I try it in conjunction with the change as suggested in the
>     other
>     email (receive frames until there are none before sending a packet)?
>

> I guess I was curious if the revert changed the number of failures you
> were seeing before where a sleep was necessary.
>
> In any case, that revert is will be committed soon so it's good things
> work just as well with it.
>
> Aman
>

>     Peter

Hi Aman

I reverted that commit in my source. Playback still works fine. I have
removed the logging of every frame so I cannot see exactly how often the
retry occurs, but it looks like they are about the same as before.

I disabled MythTV deinterlacing, and interlaced content seems to be
fine. It looks like Nvidia Shield built in deinterlacing is working. I
have not made the change you suggested (reading all frames before
releasing a packet). I will make that change.

Peter